Teen Clinics are special health clinics only for teens. They are confidential, which means they legally cannot tell anyone (including your parents or guardians) if, when, or why you went there. There are Teen Clinics all over Manitoba. In Winnipeg, there is a Teen Clinic open almost every night of the week. If your community doesn’t have a Teen Clinic, check out the nursing station, health centre, or contact your public health nurse.
Live outside of Manitoba? Try looking for a local community health centre such as Planned Parenthood.
Other good things about Teen Clinics are:
- You can just walk in without an appointment during Teen Clinic hours
- The people there should be supportive, respectful, non-judgmental and can try to help you out with whatever you need
- You can go by yourself, with a friend, or with a partner
- You don’t need parent or guardian permission to go
- Medical and counselling services are free
Here is a list of things you can get at a teen clinic:
- Free condoms
- Free or low-cost Birth Control
- Pregnancy tests
- STI/HIV Tests
- Information about all birth control options
- Counselling and accurate information on all 3 legal pregnancy options (adoption, abortion, parenting)
- Access to a doctor or nurse for any health issues that you need to talk about or get checked out (they do more than just sexual health!)