Teen Talk is Manitoba’s largest Youth Health Education Program. We provide services for youth from a harm reduction, prevention education perspective. We focus on issues under the broad topics of sexual and mental health and link youth to resources in their community. We adhere to the belief that by providing youth with accurate, non-judgmental information they can make healthier decisions and choices for themselves. Check out our Operating Principles to learn more about how we do our work.
If you would like more information, please contact us at: 204-982-7800 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Teen Talk has the following three programs
- Workshops for Youth
- In the Workshops for Youth Program our health educators develop and deliver interactive workshops to Manitoba youth aged 14-19 in a variety of settings such as high schools, after school programs, and alternative youth programs.
- Peer Education
- The Peer Education Program (formerly Peer Support) consists of a 32-35 hr comprehensive youth training program. These newly trained Peer Educators can initiate activities in their schools and communities, information tables and educational events.
- Teen Talk North
- The Teen Talk North program provides three-day trainings and post-training support to Manitoba’s Northern service providers who work with youth.
Additional Resources and Support
In addition to our programs, we support educators and service providers with:
- Resources and Classroom Handouts
- The Teen Talk Tool Kit
- The Teen Talk Service Provider Manual and Activities Binder