The Red Ribbon Walk & Run is Nine Circles’ largest annual fundraiser and awareness raising event to support programs and services for people living with HIV/AIDS in Manitoba. After almost two decades under the title of “AIDS Walk,” it was time to re-imagine and reinvent the event. HIV has come a long way in the past 17 years, and so have we!
- The event is relocating! The home base will be Vimy Ridge Memorial Park on Portage. The walk route goes through West Broadway and the run route loops through Wolseley.
- The event includes a 2km walk AND a 5km run. There is a $35 registration fee for runners, which includes a special Red Ribbon technical running shirt. There is no registration fee to walk.
What’s Staying the Same
- In addition to the walk and run, there will be music, entertainment, a family play area, children’s bouncer, prizes and more in a beautiful park.
- Donations and pledges support programs and services for people living with HIV/AIDS in Manitoba, helping people access supports to ensure HIV will not prevent them from being able to live a full and meaningful life.
- They need runners & walkers to participate and collect pledges! Register now!
- They need volunteers leading up to the event and on the event day. Sign up now!
Join us on September 23, 2018 as we celebrate our community, raise funds, and spread awareness to decrease HIV stigma in our communities.