October 1-7, 2017 is Mental Illness Awareness Week (MIAW). MIAW is about building support and awareness of mental illness. All mental illnesses can be treated, and many people recover or learn skills to feel well. It starts by talking with someone you trust. This could be a family member, teacher, school counselor or by calling a help line like such as
- Klinic Crisis Line – 1-888-322-3019 or (204) 786-8686 (24 hours)
Provides counselling, support and information for people in crisis or distress.
Manitoba Suicide Prevention and Support Line – 1-877-435-7170 (24 hours)
Counseling/info for people thinking about suicide, or affected by another’s thoughts/ attempts of suicide.
Show your support for MIAW by wearing green and sharing some of the messages below on social media. Remember to use #MIAW17
- This week is Mental Illness Awareness Week. Join the conversation about mental health and #mentalillness and help raise awareness! #MIAW17
- Did you know that 1 in 5 Canadians will experience a mental health problem or illness in a given year? Help spread the word and join the conversation! #MIAW17
- Help me spread the word about Mental Illness Awareness Week by tweeting #MIAW17!
- No one should have to feel alone on the road to recovery with #mentalillness. Join the conversation today! #MIAW17